How to Choose Between a Real Dog and a Robot Dog
Owning a dog is an important decision in your life. There is no question about the joy that dogs bring to the lives of humans, but with the evolution and innovation of technology, real dogs are now threatened by the emergence of robot dogs with AI. But the real question is, can robot dogs indeed replace the genuine warmth and comfort that real dogs can provide?
PROS AND CONS FOR ROBOT AND REAL DOGS
Before you can decide whether to purchase a real dog or go for a robot dog, you need to understand first the pros and cons of owning either one. Knowing the benefits and disadvantages of a real one compared to a robot dog is crucial in your decision-making.
Pros and Cons of Robot Dogs
- Robot dog toys are definitely more interactive compared to other toys.
- They don’t have pet dander.
- They can show various emotional states such as anger, dislike, happiness, sadness, love, and surprise.
- Robot dogs automatically place themselves in the charging area when they have low batteries, or when you give the command for them to do so.
- You don’t have to worry about cleaning up their poops and messes.
- Robot dogs can be taught basic actions.
- They can imitate real connections like real dogs.
- They are equipped with touch-sensitive areas in order to trigger touch interaction.
- Robot dogs are extremely entertaining and proper.
- You will not experience the pain of loss because a robot dog does not die like a real dog.
- No need to spend money on dog food and treats.
- Robot dogs do not have real emotions.
- They are expensive to buy and maintain.
- They are not real; therefore they cannot display real emotions.
- Robot dogs are more like toys than pets.
- Limited interaction due to charging time that is mostly longer than “awake” times.
- They need training because they are designed to be like newborn puppies.
- You are robbed of the delight to buy dog food and treats and feeding a real dog.
- Robot dogs are clumsy, and they look and feel like a robot.
- They have slow reflexive responses to whatever you command.
Pros and Cons of a Real Dog
- Real dogs bring genuine happiness to their owners.
- They are alive and provide great comfort to humans.
- They are fun and challenging to train as new pups.
- Real dogs are perfect for cuddling.
- Real dogs can protect their human family.
- They are great companions for your children.
- They have real emotions and they are loyal to their human parents.
- Real dogs can sense the emotions of their owners.
- They can provide unconditional love and loyalty.
- Real dogs are expensive to maintain (food, vet, grooming).
- They make a mess in the house like urinating in the furniture, scratching your floors, ruining your shoes, and many more damages that untrained dogs do.
- You need to make a lot of arrangements just to bring them for a vacation.
- They have dander and shed their fur.
- Real dogs can get sick and die.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER IN OWNING A REAL DOG OR A ROBOT DOG
Now that you have the facts about robot dogs and real dogs, it is time to consider a few factors that can affect your decision.
Personally, what kind of dog do you want? Have you always been a dog lover and prefers to have your dog alive and kicking, or do you want to experience new technology and have a robot dog?
Of course, the cost is an important factor to consider in your decision. A robot dog is very expensive, and you need to have a lot of money stored for future maintenance. On the other hand, a real dog can also be expensive depending on the breed, but nothing can compare to the high price of a robot dog. As for maintenance, a real dog would need feeding, grooming, and regular visits to the vet, which can also be expensive.
What kind of dog do you need? What kind of lifestyle do you have? Your need must be considered in your decision to own a real or robot dog. If you need real comfort and genuine love and loyalty from your pet, then buy a real dog. But if your work and lifestyle do not allow you to have time to take care of a real dog, then you purchase a robot dog. A robot pet will allow you to be flexible in your schedule. You don’t have to worry about going out for the whole day and night or going away for days because you don’t have a real dog to feed. However, if you want your children to have a lot of fun with an interactive dog, you can have a robot dog for your kids to train. But if you want your family to have authentic happiness and joy with barking and wagging tails and occasional headaches, then a real dog is best for you.
Real dogs and robots exist in this world, whether you like it or not. If you are confronted with doubts about which dog you want, you have to think of what is best for you and your family. You can get out of your comfort zone and experience what it feels like to have a robot dog, or you can stay traditional and have a real dog. But if you think about it, you actually don’t have to choose between the two. You can have the best of both worlds by having both.
Buy a real puppy and a robot dog to train at the same time, and let them live with you like normal pets. You can see the difference and similarities of both your pets and figure out which one you like best. Bottom line is, the only way to know for sure what you really need, is to see for yourself what works best. You may be surprised to find that both give you equal happiness.