Ibuprofen is not approved by the FDA, and it is not legally recommended by vets all over the world. Your dog could have toxicity with Ibuprofen because you administered this medication to your dog, even with the right and noble intentions. Or, your dog could have consumed Ibuprofen because you have carelessly left your medicine bag lying around where your pet can reach. For whatever reason that your canine friend ingested Ibuprofen, you will know it because there are signs of Ibuprofen toxicity in dogs.
Several signs and symptoms of too much consumption of Ibuprofen by your dog includes irritation and agitation, lack or decrease in appetite, normal vomiting and vomiting with blood, abdominal pain, stomach ulcers, anorexia, diarrhea, black, tar-looking tools, pale mucous membranes that is a sign of anemia, dehydration, halitosis associated with kidney failure, lethargy and weakness, and stumbling. If your dog has kidney failure due to excessive Ibuprofen intake, the symptoms are ataxia, tachycardia, dyspnea, tremors and seizures, coma, renal failure, depression of the central nervous system, and it could even be fatal to your canine companion.
Some of the signs and symptoms of Ibuprofen toxicity may be noticeable immediately after digestion of Ibuprofen, but others may take longer, in a couple of days, weeks, months, and even after a few years. Stomach ulcer symptoms are typically manifested within twelve hours to four days, and extreme damage to the functionality of the kidney can be detected within twelve hours to five days.