Find the Perfect Elevated Dog Bowl For You Pup
Learn more below about how to find the best elevated dog bowl
According to animal nutritionists and veterinarians, feeding your dog a premium-quality dog food is vital for his overall health and nutrition.
While selecting a well-balanced food that meets your dog’s nutritional needs is extremely important, there’s something else that pet parents should take into consideration when it comes to feeding their four-legged family members: the type of dish they are serving their pup’s meals in. For some dogs, an elevated bowl can be a much better option than a standard dish that sits on the floor.
Here’s a look at some of the benefits of an elevated dog bowl:
- Increased comfort. Believe it or not, eating from a bowl that sits on the floor can put unnecessary strain on your dog’s neck, hips, joints, and shoulders; this is particularly true for large breeds, older canines, and those that suffer from joint disorders. By eating out of an elevated dish, your pup won’t have to reach down as far, which will significantly increase his comfort.
- Slower eating. Elevated dog bowls can help to facilitate slower eating, which can reduce the chance of digestive issues and bloat. Dogs tend to eat a lot faster when their dishes are at floor level, which increases the amount of air they ingest. By raising the dish, your pooch will eat slower, which will minimize the amount of air he is taking in, thereby improving digestion and reducing the risk of bloat.
- Reduce food aggression. Some canine tend to display aggressive behavior when they eat off the floor. That’s because their head is facing down, which can make them feel more territorial and possessive of their food. If your pup is aggressive while he’s eating, switching to an elevated dog bowl may help him feel calmer and reduce his aggression.
- Neater eating. If your four-legged family member is a messy eater, feeding him out of an elevated dog dish can help to cut down on spills. When the dish is higher, there’s less of a chance that the food will fall out of his mouth and onto the floor, which will make meal time a lot more enjoyable for him – and a lot neater for you!
- Correct posture. If you have a large breed dog, feeding him from an elevated dog bowl can help to correct his posture. Since he won’t have to strain as much to reach his food, he’ll be able to stand taller while he’s eating, which will correct his posture and make his meals more pleasurable.