How to Find The Best Dog Stain And Odor Remover For Your dog
Dog Stain and Odor Remover
Puppies who are not potty-trained usually leave accidents on the different surfaces inside the home. The breakdown of urea and uric acid in the urine results in the odor, and it is best to wipe down or remove the stain immediately so that it won’t damage the surfaces.
A dog stain and odor remover is an important tool for pet owners to effectively remove the stains from surfaces such as carpets, tiles, hard floors, furniture, fabrics and to remove the odors associated with the dog’s urine, feces, vomit, drool & other organic stains.
Categories of Stain and Odor Removers
- Enzymatic/Microbial Method- This type of odor remover has enzymes and chemicals that break down the compounds in a dog’s urine.
- Odor-Deterrent Method – Uses an oil-based cleanser that is diluted and then sprayed.
- Detergent-Based Method – Makes the organic stains soluble and water allowing them to be rinsed away.
- Powder Method – Uses a powder and to be used alongside a vacuum to absorb stains and odors.
- Peroxide-Based – Relies on chemical reaction, using bubbles to eliminate stains and compounds.
- Do It Yourself Cleaners – Uses ingredients and solutions found in your home such as vinegar, water, and baking soda.
How to Use on Floors or Walls
- Use paper towels or newspapers, wipe away the liquid immediately and dispose of the soiled materials properly
- Rinse the area with water
- Spray or put the stain and odor remover
- Wipe with a dry cloth
How to Use on the Furniture or Carpet
- Wipe away excess liquid, if any
- Check the manufacturer’s instruction as it may vary across brands
- Spay the stain and odor remover on the surface and let it set
- For carpets, use a carpet stain remover
Some dog stain and odor removers have harsh chemicals. Ensure that the container is kept upright and out of reach of children and pets. If it has come into contact with the skin, rinse with running water. For redness and irritation, as well as difficulty in breathing, stop using the product and consult a doctor immediately.